Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How much stuffs do you guys drain out ?

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Woah... a CAP full??? Cripes, how do you drive that thing?!!? smile

    I use the Fram filter setup and after a week or so there's just a bit of oil that has collected inside the filters... I think you have some serious blow by happenin'.
    I drive my car like a raped ape most of the time, but it still (after 75,000) doesn't eat oil.

    ------------------
    96 Integra RS w/ JRSC 6psi, and a whole bunch of other stuff that has broken the bank.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've yet to drain a drop out of mine, And I even took it to the track for like 20 runs last weekend!

    I'm running the Moroso "TOO" Setup.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    of your catch can? About a week or tank of gas, I get about a cap full of oil (cap of a spray paint bottle since that is small enough to stick in there to catch the oil).
    Is this an unusually large amount?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I started a thread awhile ago asking everyone what and how much they were draining out of their catchcans. It's quite suprising to see that you're draining that much oil out of yours randomwalk! Are you running the T.O.O. setup or an open atmosphere setup like the Jaz can?

    96IntegraRS, how is your Fram filter setup working out for you? I was thinking about adapting that setup for use on the Jaz setup.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my moroso used to drain as much as randomwalk after lots of high rpm driving. if I drive normal though, I don't get butloads like that. my rings are shit tho.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using TOO's set up w/ Moroso, Fram PCV valve etc...

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Fram setup works great... the filters are clear and non-restrictive (you can blow through them when they are new) and I think for bang for the buck they are the way to go.

    A friend of mine (Registry) is trying the same thing on his G-SR... will let all know how it works.

    ------------------
    96 Integra RS w/ JRSC 6psi, and a whole bunch of other stuff that has broken the bank.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dude, I just thought of something. Even though the fuel filter thing sounds like a good idea, wouldn't oil still get through the filter? In a sense, you'll just be filtering the oil that goes through the filter. Unless of course the oil isn't able to flow through the fuel filter element.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  9. #9
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tourismo,

    You ought to get SOMETHING in that can otherwise it's either your hoses are loose
    or plugged somewhere. Although I'm not sure if you should get as much craps as I do.
    I think it's because I used the barb connector on top of the oil separator instead of a shorter adaptor (the brass barb connector is too long?). It's all good though I think. I just have to drain it out more often...as long as all the oil doesn't get into the intake manifold.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The filter material inside stops the liquid oil from exiting the other side. But the vapor.... hmmm..... any scientists out there??

    ------------------
    96 Integra RS w/ JRSC 6psi, and a whole bunch of other stuff that has broken the bank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •